DigiGate © Records Management system (RMS) is the management of records for an organization throughout the records-life cycle. The activities in this management include the systematic and efficient control of the creation, maintenance, and destruction of the records along with the business transactions associated with them. Considered a key component of operational efficiency, record management adds more value to an organization’s information assets.
DigiGate © RMS Activities cover the following:
- Identifying the information which needs to be captured.
- Information planning for the organization.
- Enforcement of policies and practices regarding the creation, maintenance, and disposal of records
- Creation of a records storage plan.
- Classification, identification, and storing of the records.
- Coordination of providing internal and external access to the records keeping in view of data privacy and business and data confidentiality.
DigiGate © RMS Benefits brought by the system are:
- Elimination of redundant data.
- Increase productivity and accountability in the organization.
- Reduction in research for the right information.
- Cost-effective record storage due to the absence of redundant records.
- The creation of records is governed by standards and regulations present in the organization. Thus, it ensures regulatory compliance.
- Record management brings in the capability to adopt new technologies for record-keeping.
- Vital information can be well protected and secure using record management.
- By providing easy and better access to relevant records, it helps in better governance and corporate decision-making.